Poas Volcano, La Paz Waterfall & Coffee Tour
*Min 1 participant
San Jose Area Hotels
7:30 a.m. approx.
10 hours approx.
- Visit various main attractions in one day
- Views of volcanos, waterfalls & coffee plantations
- Coffee Tour at the Doka Estate coffee farm
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Poas Volcano crater & Botos Lagoon
- Nice scenic drive through towns and plantations
- Lots of wildlife at La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Breakfast and lunch
- Round trip transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance fees to: Poas Volcano, Doka Estate Coffee Tour & La Paz Waterfall Gardens (including visit to 2 waterfalls, hummingbird garden, serpentarium, birdhouse, butterfly garden, frogs exhibit, jungle cats exhibit & orchids exhibit.)
- Tour description
On this tour we drive through the city of Alajuela, passing by its famous monuments and parks. On the way to the volcano, we will visit Doka Coffee Estate, for a delicious breakfast and a coffee tour. Learn about the careful process involved on the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of coffee on our Doka Estate coffee Tour. Afterwards, proceed to go to the very top of Poas Volcano, where you'll have the unique experience of looking down 1,000 ft. into an active volcano crater, that's constantly emitting sulfur fumes and steam. A short hike will be taken to Botos Lagoon, a rain filled-up crater with deep blue waters that contrast with the dense cloud forest surrounding it. Following will be lunch at La Paz Waterfall Gardens where we will walk through a trail leading to a spectacular waterfall in the middle of the rainforest and we will visit the hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the bird house, the butterfly garden and the frog's exhibit.
What to bring
- Walking shoes or sneakers
- Insect repellent
- Camera and Binoculars.
- Raincoat or poncho
- Inquire Now